June 14, 2013

Rave Review: NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny

First of all Happy Friday to you all! I am so sorry that I have been MIA but I was SO sick all week and today is the first day that I finally feel that I can function enough to sit at my computer! Summer colds are definitely the worst. 

Today I am sharing my thoughts about the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny. Now, you have probably heard so many beauty gals rave about this product and how amazing it is, but to be honest I wasn't buying into all the hype at first. My sun kissed glow was always thanks to NARS Laguna and that was that. 

Who was I kidding? I couldn't resist the temptation of an inexpensive, matte bronzer that demonstrated all day staying power. Every time I passed by the NYC display a little piece of my I-ain't-buyin-into-that attitude fell away. So I guess what I am trying to say is that after much resisted effort I finally caved. Broke down and spent the $2.99 for this hidden gem.



So do I agree with the general consensus? Do I LOVE this product as much as everyone else. The answer is YES!! Yes yes yes!! It really is a breath of fresh air from my Laguna bronzer. I say that mostly because of the price difference! I mean $2.99 compared to $36.00. It gives the 'ol pocket book a rest. Now I am a firm believer that if a product works, it works!! Doesn't matter if it is from the drugstore for $0.50 or high end for $100.00. It has to work. 

Let's talk about why I love this product so much! Aside from the price, the fact that it is perfectly matte is great. It's really hard to find a matte bronzer in the drugstore. Drugstore bronzers in my opinion usually contain some type of shimmer and it's usually overdone or isn't formulated right. This bronzer is matte as matte can be and has a smooth soft texture which makes blending a breeze! 

I also love the fact that you can layer this product to build the intensity of glow! The versatility works well through the spring/summer months because of the build-ability factor. As well, I don't find this product to be orange what-so-ever.


The real test was if it would break out my skin or irritate it in any way, since I have such dry sensitive skin. The answer is no. My skin had no reaction to this product, which surprised me. I thought maybe because of the price point, the ingredients might not do so well with my skin type, but so far so good!

So with the price right for any beauty budget or one that needs a break, a perfectly formulated matte silky smooth bronzer that allows for a build-able glow, and is accessible at pretty much any drugstore location. Can you really afford not to give this gem a shot?

I definitely recommend this product if you are looking to try a new bronzing product this summer! I love it and am so glad that I picked it up! It will be my go to summer bronzer!! 

Check out my Current Foundation Routine video to see this bronzer in action!!


Have you tried NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny? If not, will you be trying it this summer?

14 comments:

  1. I picked this up fairly recently too and I love it. It's shocking that something so cheap is such great quality. I love how it works for both fair and tanned skin too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been looking for a bronzer for AGES, I recently bought the new mayblline one and it was really disappointing. I'll definitely give this a try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do end up trying it!!!

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for an inexpensive bronzer, suitable for incredibly pale skin, and I think I may have just found it! Thanks so much for posting about this!

    http://melissapcooper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Been seeing this pop up everywhere and I'm so relieved it's getting good reviews because I've been on the lookout for a good affordable bronzer and I'll definitely be giving this one a try!! Nice post!
    silverpassionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good, it really is everywhere on blogger! It looks amazing with the swatch, I might just have to give it a go if I come across this brand :) I love my Laguna too but it would be good to alternate with something else.
    xx
    Beauty For Thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it has some nice pigmentation, may have to give it a try!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using my Hoola religiously for quite some time but I think I will pick this one up next time I'm at the drugstore... can't beat the price!

    www.EyeshadowAddictsAnonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this! It looks such a lovely natural colour! may have to get this! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this bronzer yet/ I keep debating it every time I see it in stores. I'm sure I'll eventually break down lol. Glad to hear you like it! Hope you feel 100% better soon!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened to me!! I broke down! Thanks, these summer colds like to hang on! :)

      Delete
  10. If you want to get rid of fat, you have to know the opponent. The truth is that it is not a disease and it is not risky in any way. It is just fat which drives ligament and the epidermis above this How To Get Rid Of Cellulite cells wrinkles. The causing epidermis dimpling is clearly noticeable and generally difficult to cover up.

    ReplyDelete