March 26, 2014

Shop The Look: Summer Shorts

With the arrival of Spring- and Summer just around the corner it's time to start revamping our closets. Adding new pieces that welcoming the warm months with a trendy handshake. I found 3 looks that I absolutely fell in love with courtesy of Pinterest and then went to work finding pieces that would reflect my style. What I love most about these looks is that they definitely work for day or night, the versatility is endless.

LOOK #1
Photo: Pinterest
I fell in love with this look because it looks put together with minimal effort. I love the idea of layering a masculine blazer with the simple white tee. It looks crisp clean and super trendy. Paired with distressed denim shorts, a pair of gladiators, and a big black bag- how could you go wrong. Take this look out for lunch, shopping, or for a date night on the patio.

Here's What I Would Do:
I made a small change to the blazer color, because I feel that black is a much more classic and versatile blazer. It's something that will never go out of style and you will wear it again and again and again. I also think a black blazer dresses up or down much easier.

LOOK # 2
Photo: Pinterest
This look is another day or night wear. I am really loving the faux leather shorts that are popping up everywhere. They are super cute and a great versatile piece to have in your closet this summer. I love the color scheme of this look as well. The green, black, and gold is a great palette to work with.

Here's What I Would Do:

If you are thinking about picking up a pair of faux leather shorts this year, I would definitely spend a bit more on this purchase. You want these to have more quality as they will fit alot nicer. I love that this look can be completed on a budget though. Finding a great green top for under $30 allows the wiggle room for splurging on the shorts.

LOOK #3
Photo: Pinterest
The final look is probably the one that I favor. This is definitely something you would find me wearing day or night. I love the hippie chic look. I think it's feminine and trendy all wrapped into one. I have been loving kimonos lately in place of a blazer. In my opinion they are highly overlooked. Pairing a light colored kimono with a plain white tank, distressed denim shorts and some leopard print is a recipe for summer coolness.

Here's What I Would Do:

I am really excited to add some of these pieces to my closet. What are you going to be adding to your closet? Which look is your favorite?

3 comments: