January 21, 2014

5 Flats To Wear For Spring 2014

Christmas and New Years have come and gone- we have welcomed 2014 with a warm embrace and one cannot help but start to think of the months to come. The warmer months that is and with warmer months comes the turning of closets. Out with the sweaters and in with the tanks and dresses. There is one section of the closet however  I get particularly excited about and that is the shoe section.

Like most warm blooded women I have a passion for shoes. So in the spirit of warm weather and a passion for shoes I thought it would be fun to talk about a trend for Spring that I can't wait to embrace- the flat.

Flats have really made their mark in the shoe community- so much that they have become quite trendy and very dependable for those days when are tired soles need a break. They allow us comfort and trend which any woman can appreciate.

So what flats should you watch to pick up for the 2014 Spring season? Fear not- I will give you 5 options that will keep you fabulously comfortable and if you read my fashion recommendation posts you know I am always thinking about budget! Having the most for least!!

1. The Ballet Flat

The traditional ballet flat was introduced as a slip on style, but for 2014 I am loving these Partita Ballet Flats from Anthropologie. They are completely adorable and put a new spin on the traditional ballet flat. I love the cross over the ankle. I think these would wear well with pretty much anything- jeans, shorts, dresses, leggings you name it! Best part is they are on sale right now for only $39.95 [reg $98]

2. The Cutout

I am so in love with this flat I can't put it into words. I think this is the perfect dress up or down flat and is a bit of a sexier flat shoe. I would definitely go with a black or nude in this type of shoe that way you can throw it on with pretty much anything. I probably would opt to spend a bit more on this shoe style, because I find that the quality can really be seen. This pair is the Hilary d'Orsay flats from alice + olivia. Again this amazing shoe is on sale for $120.00 [reg $240.00].

3. The Studded Flat

I love mixing in a bit of hardware when it comes to fashion and my shoes are no exception. That's why a pair of studded flats is an absolute must for Spring 2014, but not just any studded flat. Typically I would have selected to go with a black pair, but I think for this Spring season finding a pair that also combines a muted color will be perfect. This pair is from one of my favorite shoe designers Sam Edelman. The Jolie Studded Ballet Flat in dusty rose is gorgeous. I think these would be so cute with a pair of skinny jeans and a white tshirt- they make their own statement, but you could also dress these up for a night out. Such a versatile shoe on sale for $84.00 [reg $120.00].

4. The Metallic On - The - Go Flat


Having a cute metallic flat for Spring 2014 is key, but taking it one step further is what gave this pick top 5 status and that is the on-the-go flat. Something you can roll or fold up and throw in your bag. These are the practical dependable flat, but no one said practical had to be boring. So that is why I opted for a metallic on-the-go flat. It's an order of bling with a huge side of comfort and will pretty much go with anything you throw on. Perfect for long days at work. I spotted these BCBGMAXAZRIA Molly Metallic Flat in Gold Dust on sale for $52.50 [reg $75.00].

5. The Statement Flat


Last, but certainly not least the statement flat. I call it that, because it's bolder flat-something with some sustenance. I love the idea of a flat shoe that has a way to dress up the ankles. It's eye catching and makes the average flat shoe look like it has some meat on it's bones. If you are looking for a statement flat like this I would go for a dark color [black is boss], something leather and that boasts big ankle straps- like the ones above from Nine West called the Ruserious. A black leather shoe perfect for day or night, dressed up or down. These make the right statement and are on sale for $39.99 [reg $60.00].

So now that I have you thinking about Spring 2014 footwear, what flat do you like best for the upcoming season?



8 comments:

  1. I have been wanting some studded flat for sometime now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! The studded ones are so pretty! :)

    Rachel
    xx
    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of these, but for me...I love the studded flats!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear flats as I find they hurt my flat feet so normally stick to something with more support but do love #4 #5 so pretty xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that #5 is my favorite! They are so cute!! :)

      Delete