January 9, 2013

Top 3 Favorite Mascaras

I am an admitted beauty lover, all things makeup, hair, nails, fashion, you name it I LOVE it! Although it's not as glamorous as it looks all the time, right ladies?? We live in a time where products are a plenty and before we have the time to try a product, the next best thing has hit the shelves! In the product haze I find it helpful to rely on reviews from others to take away some of the searching. Now don't get me wrong, searching can be so much fun, but sometimes if you are look for a specific product it's nice to have a helping hand!

I wanted to review 3 of my favorite mascaras of the moment! These are tried and true and I love them all equally, but for different applications! All of the mascaras are based on a 2 coat application.

Let's get started....

1. Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express




I have to say I am always a little skeptical when selecting a drugstore mascara. I am really picky when it comes to mascara, everything from formulation to brush. This mascara was a little tricky at first because of the brush, it is definitely on the larger side of mascara wands. With that being said once I got the hang of the brush I have to say the formula is great. Not too wet, dry, or sticky. It dries quite quickly once applied to the lashes. I love this formula for daytime use, it's quick, easy and I don't have to think too much about the application. I also don't think this mascara is too black or dramatic, so that also makes it the perfect daytime wear.


2. L'oreal's Voluminous Power Collagen

This is my most recent mascara purchase and I bought it on a whim and I am so glad that I did, because it is currently my absolute favorite. The wand is slightly longer and narrower than the Mega Plush, which I have to say I prefer, but brushes aside, it is the formula that got me hooked. It is a mascara that I would use either day or night, because it really has a nice buildable formula.

3. Benefit's They're Real

Last but certainly not least is a mascara that I like to call my night out mascara, because it is so black and rich and super buildable. Usually I don't think too much and build it up as much as it will allow to get a full set of lush lashes. The brush is really awesome too because it has a ball tip on the end so that you can use it to separate and detail the lashes as you apply your mascara. It is a bit pricy, but worth the splurge if you are looking for a major lash booster!


So that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed learning about my favorite mascaras of the moment! What are your favorites??


photo credits: mega plush- drugstore.com, 
voluminous power collagen- shop.aol.com, 
they're real- sephora.com

2 comments: