April 25, 2013

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush


I am here to tell you that I have fallen in love with a product and it is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes! These are going to be the blushes that I reach for all spring/summer long. 

I seriously want to shout from the rooftops how much I love these! It was so unexpected too! I swatched one of these a while ago and I couldn't see any product trace on my hand, so I thought to myself no way am I getting suckered into trying these! I was so proud of myself in that minute, resisting the temptation to buy yet another product I thought I would be disappointed in!

Well as the weeks went on I heard so many fantastic raves about these little blushes that I caved and tried them out! So glad I did! They are beautiful! 

First I have to tell you if you are like me and couldn't understand why there wasn't a color payoff, be confused no more! All you need to do is use a blush brush to apply and watch the magic happen! They melt into the skin giving a pretty luminous glow, not to mention they are SUPER pigmented!

They last all day and as I mentioned have amazing pigmentation, a little goes a long way! I also love the concept now that I know how to apply them! To the touch they are bouncy and very silky. Maybelline describes them as having a  "powder-gel formula". A unique texture for sure! I also love love love the colors they come in, there are 10 shades in total!

I currently have 3 and I say currently because I will be going back for a few more colors! Here are my thoughts......




Coffee Cake is gorgeous and completely unique to any blush I have owned. It is a beautiful golden tan color. I wore this one today and was amazed at how much of a glow it had! This is officially my beach day color!!





Candy Coral was actually this first one I picked up! I have been obsessed with coral lately and this is such a soft, pretty coral color. I love it because I have fair skin and it isn't an over the top coral, perfect for my skin tone! My first impressions of this made me think of a summer date night!!



Fresh Pink is the perfect name for this color. It is that pink that you don't have to think about. It looks so natural on, giving the cheeks that extra little pop of color with the right amount of glow. This one is the day to day blush I will be using this season. Love!! <3 <3

I highly recommend trying these if you haven't! I think you will be pleasantly surprised like I was! These are one you don't want to pass up for sure. I will post my thoughts on the other shades once I pick them up, but I have a feeling I am going to love them just as much. Way to go Maybelline!!


Have you tried these? What is your favorite shade?


10 comments:

  1. wow lovely shades I have got my eyes on these babies for so long. now after reading your review I'm so gna grab them you totally sold them to me girl :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know what you think of them and what shades you end up grabbing! :)

      Delete
  2. I was so proud of myself too when I passed up on these blushes up last spring! After reading this, I want them for sure...NOOOO! The Fresh Pink and Candy Coral will definitely be mine. Coffee Cake looks really interesting as well!
    Oh man, I'm definitely inspired! Thanks so much for the awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! Let me know if you end up picking some up and what you think!

      Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I actually love these as well .. the colors are quite light, but sometimes just a touch of color is all you really need.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to swatch them on my hand in the store too and also got no color payoff. So glad to hear that a blush brush will solve this problem! Might have to go out an try it.

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some of these but gave them away but I NEVER tried the with a blush brush. I have been heard more and more people starting to love them. May have to go get one or two to try again!!
    Love your Blog, just start following!!
    XOXO,
    KT
    Sequins,Mint&Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been considering buying these for quite awhile, and after reading this I think I'm definitely going to go pick them up sometime! I too have been obsessed with corals lately, so I think that's the first I'll try out! Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Candy Coral wasn't already on my wishlist- I'd add it after this review!
    Great tip for applying with a brush. I think I'd try it with a duo fiber blush brush, you know once I buy one!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete