November 1, 2012

October Favorites

Happy November 1st! I can't believe October is over and done with and in saying that I wanted to share a few products that I couldn't get enough of last month. It's time for my October favorites! I will link all the products so that if you want to read more about them you don't have to go searching!

Since the weather has become drier I always like to make sure that I have good lip products that keep my lips from chapping. I have tried so many different lip products, everything from drugstore to high end and I found two last month that I absolutely fell in love with and have kept my lips in great shape.

The first is the Burt Bees original lip balm. I love this stuff! I am a huge fan of mint and this lip balm is the perfect mint, but not just the flavor it is so nourishing. Here's what Burt Bees has to say about the product;


"Give your lips the soothing feeling they deserve. This natural lip balm is loaded with coconut and sunflower oils, rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, to nourish, condition and soften lips. Beeswax seals in hydration. We've even added peppermint oil for a refreshing tingle. No wonder it is our most popular product."


I highly recommend this product if you are trying to find a good lip product that you can carry around with you this winter. I also love that you can pretty much find this product anywhere.

The second lip product that I found and was loving for the month of October was the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Rose. I wasn't sure if I would like this product at first, because I usually tend to steer clear of anything rose scented. I am usually not a fan, but this product has restored my faith in the rose scent

I love that this product offers SPF which even though the weather is changing and our climate doesn't see as much sun so to speak, it is still important to remember SPF.


I also love that this product offers a slight hint of juicy color to the lips. I also love the formula, it is soft and creamy and to be honest every time I put it on I just can't wait until I get to reapply it again! This lip balm is a bit pricy but well worth the splurge if you want to treat your lips to a luxurious product!

The next of my October favorites is the Sonia Kashuk Eye Makeup Remover. This one I actually picked up while I was in the US and I am not sure if it is available in Canada, I got mine at Target. I wanted to include it though, because it is amazing

I have a really sensitive eye area and can't use just any old product. This product is so gentle and feels like you are removing your eye makeup with plain old water. The formula allows you to remover eye makeup with out any tugging or pulling of the eyes. It even works on tough to get off water-proof makeup.

I also love that this product is inexpensive compared to some makeup removers, running around the $10 mark.

You simply shake the bottle to activate the remover, it separates into two colors, a white and a lavender when it sits. Once shaken it becomes a milky-lavender like consistency. It feels great, it works amazing and I recommend you try it if you can get your hands on some!!

 Another of my favorites was the NARS Laguna Bronzer. This is the ultimate bronzer I must say and I know it is a top favorite in the beauty world. It is the perfect texture and adds the most amazing glow.

I have extremely dry skin and sometimes I run into a complete fail when trying to find a bronzer that works. If the product is too chalky it literally flakes right off my skin as my skin has a really hard time holding onto products.

This bronzer buffs really well into my skin and stays put. 

The only down side to this product is that it is pricy, but for me personally I justify it because I haven't been able to find anything else that works quite like this bronzer. 

If you are like me and suffer from dry skin and are looking for a product that will stay put and give an amazing glow then I recommend this for you! I get mine at Sephora!

As I mentioned a few times throughout this post my skin is really a delicate issue and I have to really go through a trial and error process for most products. Something that can really be a big issue for me is foundation. Finding one that works for my skin type is just that, a process.

I have dry skin with various spots of hyper-pigmentation so I usually have to find something that is rich and moisturizing, but that gives me great coverage and that combo can sometimes be a difficult one.

However, that being said I found one last month that I actually fell in love with and that is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup SPF 18. 

I was a little confused at first because it was being called a treatment makeup and I wasn't sure what to expect as far as the formula goes, but I must say it is great. It definitely feels luxurious for a drugstore foundation, almost like a serum. 





I also really became a fan of the applicator which is a soft fluffy sponge. Not to worry it is anti-microbial! You simple click the tube and the product fills the sponge tip and then you can apply it to the face.

I will apply mine and then use a foundation brush to buff it in. You could also use a sponge or fingertips! Just remember that whatever you use needs to be clean to avoid transfer of bacteria.

I am in the color Buff Beige, but there are twelve shades to choose from, which is a decent selection, there should be something for everyone. The formula is light weight and I would probably say this is a light to medium coverage, but because of the serum like formula, it offers really great build-ability. 

Probably the best feature for me about this foundation is the fact that it doesn't flake or become chalky on my dry skin. That would be the deal breaker for me, but after using it for just about an entire month I haven't run into that problem yet.

I also found myself loving the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the color Ransom.




It is the most beautiful purple color and the formula is perfect. Something great about this eye pencil is that is is soft and doesn't rip up the eyes when trying to apply it, which can be common for some eye pencils. You don't need to worry about warming up this one!

It has great staying power for a pencil and I must say that can be a hard feature to find. I usually don't use eye pencils for that reason, they usually don't last very long and move around to much on the eye. This one however can be used on the water line and still wont budge.

I will definitely be going back to grab the black for sure! 

They are pricy, but if you are looking for a good eye pencil they are well worth the money. Again I found mine at Sephora.

Another favorite beauty product of October is the every so famous Urban Decay Naked Palette. I am a little late picking up this product, simply because I wasn't sure I wanted it in the first place. It is definitely a pricy product as far as eyeshadows are concerned, but I broke down and picked it up and I am SO glad that I did.






I love the colors, they are perfect for this time of year and they are one of the best textured eyeshadows I have ever used. 

When you purchase the palette it comes in a beautiful case that I really appreciate, because it makes traveling with it a breeze. You don't need to worry about the shadows breaking. It also comes with a really nice brush and a baby sized Primer Potion, which is their version of a eyelid primer and it is the BEST!

There isn't a shade that I dislike, which says alot about the thought that went into this product. So many looks can be created from it, both day and night!

Watch for my everyday eye Naked Palette tutorial!

Last but not least I have to give an honorable mention to the Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows again.  These are at the other end of the spectrum compared to the Naked Palette, speaking with regards to price of course.

They are such a gem find for October! Really inexpensive, they are perfect for any budget really and the quality I must say is something to talk about.

Walking on Eggshells



They have amazing pigments and the formula of the shadow is very soft and transfers beautifully. Although because it is soft it is a little dusty. So if you use them make sure to tap your brush well before applying the shadow to the eye so that you have minimal fall down.

All in all a great product though and it is really nice, because when you can find something that is inexpensive but really can hold up against the more expensive products it really is exciting!!

So there you have it! My favorite products for the month of October!! 

Please let me know what your favorites were!! 




     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment