March 11, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Nails

It's that time of year again when the luck of the Irish is on everyone's mind! St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner! I decided it would be a fun idea to give this week a St. Patrick's Day theme!

Today I decided to showcase a little nail art to kick the week off!

Remember you can substitute any of the nail colors I have used for your own! It's about being creative!


Here's what I used:


Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 340 Mint Sorbet
Sephora by OPI in The Golden Age
Nicole by OPI in It Starts With Me
Essie in Stylenomics
1 Nail art brush


Here's how:

Paint all fingers, leaving ring finger unpainted, with Mint Sorbet. I used 2 coats, because pastels tend to be milky and a bit streaky, 2 coats usually does the trick.

Paint the ring finger with It Starts With Me. I used 3 coats, this color is a bit sheer, I wanted it to pop a bit more.

Now using Stylenomics and the nail art brush, paint three hearts in a half circle shape, this is the base for the clover! Paint a stem in when the hearts have been completed.

Using a clean nail art brush grab some The Golden Age glitter and place it along the cuticle base. You can add as much or as little as you like!

Finish the look with a fast dry top coat. My favorite is Essie's Good To Go. Read here to find out more about this amazing product!

That's it! A simple, but festive nail look to get you in the St. Patrick's Day spirit!

Will you be trying this nail look?


9 comments:

  1. These nails are gorgeous! I am in love with It Starts With Me, will definitely need to try and track it down somewhere :)

    Gillian from glamupeveryday.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo this looks great!
    thanks for the tutorial, will give this a try although it may not even look half as good as yours haha

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the accent nail color :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I just saw it on your instagram and had to check out your blog to see the post :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo pretty! :O

    http://embellished001.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great! the mint and rose gold colors are soooo pretty! I want to go and buy them now :)

    www.michellemariemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have worn this look for St Patrick's Day if I had seen it before then. Very nice. I like the minty color.

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete