July 24, 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation


I am sure you have all tried a million different foundations searching for that perfect one. The one that goes above and beyond the rest. Well I know I have, whether it is high end or drugstore the search for a foundation was ongoing...until now. I have found a foundation that is so above and beyond I don't know where to start. I am talking about Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation.

It's not very often that I come across a product I love this much. One I love so much that I would forgo all my other foundations and use this for the rest of my days! It is phenomenal to say the least. Let me explain why....


The formula is oil free, which isn't as important to me since I have dry skin, but would be to you if you are someone that is of an oily skin type. I feel though it never hurts for products to be oil free, less chances of pores being clogged.

 It is also fragrance free, which scored huge points with me because my skin is sensitive and fragrance in products is a huge culprit. I always try to opt for fragrance free products.

Having dry/sensitive skin I always lean towards a foundation that can offer hydration, but is a difficult quality to find. This product however I feel does in fact hydrate my skin and keeps my skin from feeling tight throughout the day. Some liquid foundations tend to do this and it is a pet peeve of mine.

Ready to talk coverage? This is an extremely important feature for me. I love full coverage foundations for the most part and nothing is worse then a company claiming it and the product not holding up. This foundation is definitely the best coverage I have seen in a foundation to date. The way it blends and melts into the skin is unlike anything I've experienced. It covers without making you look like you are wearing a mask. It's your skin, but better! It also adds this amazing healthy glow to the skin!! Something I always appreciate!

Another bonus is the creamy, silky texture. I find some full coverage foundations to be a little hard to work with. They are difficult to blend out because of the texture. The silk creme foundation is completely opposite. It is so easy to work with and takes little effort to buff into the skin. This speeds up application time, cutting down on the time you fight with your foundation.

Last,but not least this product lasts and lasts and lasts. It is an all day wear and stays looking the way you apply it. There isn't any budging or creasing. You put it there and it stays until it's time to come off. I love not having to find a mirror every so many hours to check up on my foundation! It also holds up perfectly against the summer heat! Just yet another added bonus.


I am currently using beige ivory which is a little darker then what I would normally use, but it's perfect for this time of year. As you can see from the photo above it creates a full coverage beautiful glow while still keeping the skin's natural texture.

This foundation is recommended for all skin types and I definitely give it my approval. This product is everything it claims to be and more. It has officially become my go-to foundation! You can pick it up at Sephora for $43.00USD.

Have you tried this foundation?





9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that foundation for a while (I'm a foundation addict) and wow a full coverage foundation that is good for dry skin?!? you serious! I've been looking for a new/good one for ages! thanks so much for your review xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! It is so amazing for my skin! Let me know if you try it out!! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this foundation, I have the tinted moisturizer and I love it for the summer time. I strongly recommend it if you haven't tried it before. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it! Thanks for letting me know!! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this foundation already. What shade did you get? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Really been wanting to try this! I think I will have to go out and buy it now:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this foundation for over a year and loved it, but last summer I switched to Bobbi Brown after hearing such great reviews. A few months ago, I decided to go back to this foundation; however, I have had trouble applying it. I don't know if I just forgot how.. How are you applying this foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried so many different techniques for applying this foundation- stipple brush, foundation brush, Beauty Blender, but the best method for applying this foundation I have found is to use the Real Techniques buffing brush! It gives the most amazing finish to the skin!! :)

      Delete