September 19, 2013

Favorite Highlighting Products

Creating even skin tone with a healthy glow is a task that often times takes some trial and error. Finding the right combination of products can take time, but when you do find that perfect combination it is glorious. It takes alot of the work out of an everyday makeup routine, creates an unspoken confidence, and takes ones makeup look to the next level.

Part of the battle is finding a product that effortlessly highlights the face, without looking too overdone or leaving the skin looking greasy. I have three amazing products that I like to rotate to achieve my fresh faced glow and I wanted to share those products with you today!


Girl Meets Pearl is a product that I have been using over the summer months and I can't believe it took me so long to incorporate into my routine. It has the most amazing pearl base with slightly pinkish undertones to help offset dull lifeless skin. The perfect pick me up for any skin tone or skin type. An instant burst of radiance. A bonus feature is that it is in a liquid form which allows this product the flexibility to be used on its own or added directly into a foundation. The sheer, lightweight formula is infused with nourishing ingredients like sesame seed oil, raspberry, chamomile, and sweet almond seed extract. A light reflecting product that helps improve the skin's overall texture.
A product that has changed the way a view highlighting is MAC's Cream Color Base in Pearl- a gift to those who wear makeup. Pearl is a pale gold with a frosty shimmer that can be worn alone or layered over foundations, powders, and worn on its own. This product is beautifully textured and melts into the skin leaving an unbelievable dewy glow. I also love using this cream color base as an all over the lid eyeshadow. I find that this product is best applied warmed up in the fingertips and gently tapped into the skin.

Last, but not least and a long time favorite L'oreal's Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer holds up against the high end brands in terms of highlighting products. This light infusing liquid offers a boost to any skin type and it's lightweight formula makes it easy to build up intensity. For the past few months I have been adding it directly to my foundation to increase the overall luminosity of my skin. If I want to target specific areas with this product I find it is best used to apply with a stippling brush using a tapping motion. Another application for this product is use over freshly moisturized skin for day to day illumination.



What are your favorite highlighting products?



6 comments:

  1. Love highlighters, my favorite is Topshop Crescent Moon :)
    Oh, and love your cute blog <3

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one!! And thank you very much!! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard about the L'Oreal highlighter, but it sounds great!
    Great post Kendra!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try that MAC one! It sounds wonderful. I always use the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick.

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAC highlighter sounds awesome! I am going to have to check it out!!

    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using the Revlon Skin Illuminators and love that they come in different illuminating tones. And a little goes SO far. I'll have to try out the L'Oreal one when I'm looking for my next primer.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete