September 25, 2013

The Nail Files: Maybelline Color Show Ageless Olive


It's no surprise that I am a nail polish addict-self admittedly I might add. Aren't you proud? With the changing of the seasons comes the changing of the nail polishes that I reach for and now that Fall is in full swing {If the Texas heat would let up} I have started a nice little jumping off point. {see my Top 10 Fall Nail Polish video here}

That being said one color that did make the list was from the Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather Limited Edition collection in Ageless Olive. Peeps this polish color is a definite must have for this season.

First off it is such an amazingly deep murky green, what's even more is the fact that it is infused with tiny transparent flecks that give it the textured "look" without actually being textured to touch! Cool right?! I also love this polish because it is essentially a matte polish and that adds to the leather like appearance. While I do dig the matte option I fell in love with the color even more once I painted a coat of my trusty Essie good to go topcoat. The result is a vampy Fall nail color with a textured like look.

I will also gives props to this nail polish line, because at $2.99 a bottle it boasts a really great formula, abundant color selection, and on trend limited edition gems like this one! How can you go wrong? Needless to say I will be picking up a few other colors in this collection.

Have you tried polish from the Vintage Leather collection? What do you think of this one?


5 comments:

  1. love this color!


    http://kissthestarsblog.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool fall color! I have a lighter olive, but I like this darker shade.

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the fun fall colors that are coming out in nail polishes! I got these one but in the plum color!
    XOXO,Kt
    Sequins,Mint&Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these polishes without a top coat and I wasn't too impressed. However, good call on the Good To Go top coat, Kendra! It makes a big difference... I can't help but love shinny nails :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete