November 5, 2012

love & beauty Nail Polish Haul

I am obsessed with nail polish, it has always been a favorite beauty product of mine. I have tried so many different brands of nail polish from high end to drugstore.

After all my trial and error I can honestly say that you don't have to spend alot of money to end up with a fantastic nail polish. Although I have had my fair share of duds. :(

I wanted to share a haul with you for a polish I discovered while shopping at Forever 21! It's their polish line called love & beauty. I did some swatches and I will also share my thoughts on this polish line, so let's get started.

left to right: Grape, Teal/Navy, Silver, Light Grey, Taupe
I have to say first that these nail polishes are fantastic! I think for what you are paying $3.80/polish they are definitely worth going and picking up a few! The first thing I noticed about them is the formula. It is a really nice consistency, sometimes with less expensive polishes the formula is really watered down, which is quite the opposite to these. I will say that for most of the polishes to experience the full color you will need at least 2 coats, which is fine, because some of my more expensive polishes require 2 coats.

Something I did notice is that they can be worn with 1 coat and look just as beautiful, they just become more of an opaque look. It really depends how you want to wear them.

Another great feature to this polish is the brush and I don't know how many time I have loved a polish and cringed every time I have to apply it, because of the brush and how awful the actual application process is. However, that being said the brush for this line is really nice to work with. It is soft and pliable, really easy to brush the polish onto the nail.

What else can I say! All in all these are amazing and if you are anything like me and love to change up your polish alot, these are perfect to add to your collection, simply because of the price!

Let's have a look at the polishes I picked up.....

The first color I want to talk about is one that I grabbed and immediately fell in love with, because I thought it would be perfect for the winter season. I haven't come across a color like this before. It is called Grape and it is a beautiful indigo/purple color infused with a silver shimmer. I have to say I think this is my new favorite for the season! I think this color would be perfect for a Christmas Party or even New Years!


The second color I picked up I was so excited to have found, because I had been searching for the perfect Taupe color and hadn't found one that I felt was worth buying. So I was super excited when I found this one at Forever 21! It is called Taupe and it's has the tiniest bit of pink undertones to it with a soft shimmer! I am in LOVE! It's always nice to have a few softer polishes on hand this time of year, when you need a break from all the rich, deep colors!






The next polish that I picked up was one that I just had to have, because I don't have something like this in my collection and it just happened to be perfect for winter as well! It's called Teal/Navy, which is exactly how it sounds. A teal mixed with a navy base and then has the most beautiful light green and gold shimmer blended throughout. This color makes me think of Christmas time!





Another polish that I had to grab, because I was on the fence about buying Essie's Chinchilly and I am really happy I didn't because I found Light Grey from the love & beauty line and it's the perfect grey for this season! I can't say too much about the color of this one other then it is a super creamy light Grey color and will be one of my go-to colors when I need a break this winter from all my dark polishes! I think alternating between this and Taupe will be perfect!!

I apologize for the paint job on this pic, ha ha I had been wearing this for a few days and I am not the easiest on my hands!!




The last polish is one that I have had for a while and it is so unique, because of how insanely concentrated it is for a metallic polish! It called Silver and I only have to paint 1 coat with this one and it really delivers. I am excited to wear this one again, because it just screams holiday polish to me!  Can you believe how concentrated it is after only 1 coat?! I think I am so surprised, because you wouldn't expect it from a polish that is this price!



So this concludes my haul, review, swatch of the Forever 21 love & beauty polishes! I definitely recommend these and will be repurchasing over and over again! You can find these at your local Forever 21 or online!






No comments:

Post a Comment