November 21, 2012

Nails: Maybelline Color Show in #240 Twilight Rays

I had noticed this nail polish for a while now, but always passed it up, because it never really screamed out to me! The packaging wasn't anything that grabbed me. (I think that if the packaging of a beauty product is something special or done really beautifully it can make trying that product so much more!) 

Yesterday I decided that I would give it a chance. The price is actually really good for a polish if the formula can hold up and what the color pay off is like. It is around the $ 3.99 mark.



I wanted to find a color that would be representative of this season and the holidays! I reached for #240 Twilight Rays and I am so happy that I did! The color is really beautiful, it is a black base infused with a really beautiful golden shimmer! I think having dark dramatic colors is nice this time of year, but when reaching for a black I think it's best to go with something other than a solid black. It can really make your hands look drab this time of year. So the golden shimmer is perfect! 

The formula was really nice, it applied smoothly and I used 2 coats, which was more than enough. The brush is soft and pliable which makes for an easy application. All in all this polish is great! I am really happy that I picked one up to try and would definitely repurchase and try other colors! As far as longevity of the polish I can't comment on that as I only applied it yesterday, but wanted to share my thoughts, because I love the color!

Have you tried this polish? Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment