March 25, 2013

Manicure Monday


Hello and happy Monday! It's the start of a new week and a short week at that! I couldn't possible start my fabulous short week without doing something fun with my nails! With Easter just around the corner, I used that as an inspiration for today's manicure!!

So let's hop into it.....

Here's what I used:


(from left to right)

Revlon #100 Buttercup
Essie tart deco
L'oreal #530 now you sea me
1 Dotting tool
1 Nail art brush

I have to say that this is my first time using the Revlon Buttercup and I love it so much! It's the perfect creamy pastel yellow for Spring! I recommend checking this out, I think it's a great alternative to the traditional nude colors!

Here's how:

Paint 2 coats of Buttercup on all nails. Allow to dry and then paint 1 coat of Essie good to go. This will help seal in the polish and it also creates a gorgeous gel shine finish.

Next on the ring finger and using the nail art brush with L'oreal now you sea me, paint a Chevron like shape across the nail about 1/4 of the way up from the tip. Underneath that shape, creating the identical shape paint tart deco. 

While that drys begin with dotting tool. Above the blue Chevron line begin dotting tart deco in a random pattern. With a clean dotting tool and below the tart deco Chevron line dot now you sea me.

Moving on the the other nails, beginning with the little finger along the base of the nail and now you sea me begin a random dotting pattern. Continue on each nail alternating colors.

Finally, don't forget to seal your manicure with another coat of top coat.


I hope you enjoy my easy Easter nail art tutorial! Will you be dressing your manicure up this week?


9 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I've been looking for a yellow just like the Revlon one!

    http://embellished001.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it really is a great color for Spring! :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty. I do want to pick up the Revlon Buttercup :-)

    Monica.
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely combination loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I am so uncoordinated when it comes to nail art, but this is so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete