September 10, 2013

Epsom Salt Baths


I am a huge fan of bath time. There is nowhere else I would rather be after a long day then in the tub with some bubbles, a book and something to sip on. It is a place where I can unwind and regroup. I am sure so many of you are in love with LUSH bath products. I have been a huge fan for years, but every now and then I find a one off bath product that I get really excited about. I have recently found myself reaching for the Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts. I pick mine up at my local grocery store. I love how accessible they are!

Now I know what you're thinking, boring- right? WRONG! First of all they come in so many different scents like:

Eucalyptus Spearmint {the one I am currently using}
Rosemary Mint
Milk & Honey
Lavender
Chamomile

These bath salts are incredibly fragrant and add a little something extra to a relaxing bath time. There is one other reason I have been using bath salts aside from the scent. They work wonders on sore tired muscles or just any aches and pains in general.

I soak in the tub for about 20 minutes and once I leave the tub any muscle pain, foot pain, or body pain in general is gone. I suffer from terrible upper back and neck pain from all the years I spent cutting hair with my arms elevated constantly and through all the treatments I do it still causes me alot of pain from time to time. I find that the Epsom salts truly do work and I now swear by them.

So I did a little reading and found out that Epsom salts are good for more then just the aches and pains. Here what I found out:

1. They can increase your magnesium intake by soaking in through your bath water. Magnesium helps produce a chemical in the brain called serotonin which relieves stress and is a mood booster. It also plays an important part in our everyday bodily function and alot of people in today's society are low in magnesium. So bath away!!

2. Epsom salts help flush away the lactic acid in the body improving muscle function.

3. They can help with swelling, including sprains, bug bites and even sunburn.

4. The salts also work as a detox for the body, helping improve the immune system.

I always add about 2 cups of salts about 3-4 times a week and I have found that my body doesn't hurt as much anymore. I am currently loving the Eucalyptus Spearmint for relaxation, but I also love the Milk & Honey for softening my skin, plus the honey scent is amazing! For more information you can visit Dr. Teal's website!


Do you use Epsom salts in your bath?



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore my Dr Teals Eucalyptus & Spearmint bubble bath, its fabulous! Glad that someone else enjoys it too!

    I'm having a Sally Hansen/New York Color giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

    -Tiffany...
    MissPrissTiff.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking baths with Epsom salt! It's really relaxing <3

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC (93), would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    Come visit me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soaking in an epsom salt bath (even though I don't have a bath right now!) I also use it to soak my feet in when they are especially sore and achy.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete