September 2, 2013

The Nail Files: Long Weekend Nails


This long weekend was final goodbye to the Summer months and a chance to welcome Fall. I knew that I was going to be busy with all of the festivities and wanted to give myself a manicure that I wouldn't have to think about. Less worry the better! One way I know to do that is to choose something with a glitter top coat! Less chance of chipping, since glitter polish tends to be pretty durable.

I thought I would do a quickie post to show you what I wore! First decision was a polish that was neutral so I selected Essie's ballet slippers. It is the prettiest pink and was the perfect color to leave summer polishes behind. Next, the glitter and this was easy for me! I picked OPI's Confetti Fun. It is a great glitter polish full of larger and smaller glitter pieces and a multitude of colors! It looks amazing over ballet slippers.

I hope you all had an amazing long weekend!! I sure did! Here's a look at my weekend nail duo......


What were you up to for the long weekend? What did you have on your nails?

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely combo, usually i just have my nails plain or have acrylics put on! I really like the pale pink colour!

    I'm holding a giveaway of a MAC Lipstick of your choice on my blog if you'd like to enter!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the sparkles Kendra! This long weekend I was rocking the short white nail trend one last time. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I love white nail polish on short nails!

      Delete
  3. Great combo! It looks like a fiesta for the nails! I had one Wet n' Wild in Blazed- which you already saw :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Thank you so much for your comment! I really like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? I'm following you now via Bloglovin and GFC. Please follow back if you want :)

    Have a great day!
    ♥ Oksana
    www.makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have thought that these two would go together so well, I love it!

    www.rebecacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this combo it looks great can't beat a good glitter!

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete