October 16, 2013

Halloween Mani: Easy Skulls #2


We are slowly but surely getting closer to Halloween and I couldn't be more excited! October is definitely a month with alot of anticipation and excitement. Last night I was up watching my second scary movie of the night and I plan to watch quite a few more.

That being said I knew going into October I wanted to do some fun Halloween themed posts and videos, so today I thought it would be fun to share another mani! So here we go....


So what you are going to need is a black, red and white nail polish. You can use which ever polishes you want but I used Essie in licorice, Essie in fifth avenue, and Sally Hansen White On. You will also need a nail art brush and dotting tool.


This nail art tutorial is super simple and it isn't too over the top- so it's wearable day to day.

1. Paint little finger, pointer finger, and thumb red. Leaving the middle and ring finger blank.

2. Paint the middle and ring finger white. Allow to dry.

3. Next, using the dotting tool and black polish draw eyes. Create a slight angle when drawing the eyes to give those skulls a bit of an evil eye.

4. Using black and the dotting tool again draw the skull's nose by simply drawing and upside down U shape.

5. Now it's time to draw on the skull's mouth. Using the nail art brush and black polish draw small vertical lines from cuticle to cuticle following along the fingernail tip.

6. Allow nails to dry and then paint a top coat over them so they are nice and glossy!

That's it you are all done!! Don't worry about making it too perfect. I think it looks a bit spookier with it slightly imperfect.


What do you think of this mani? Will you be giving it a try??

If you liked this Halloween Nail Art Tutorial please give it a tweet!!

5 comments:

  1. That is easy .. and cute!

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Will definitely attempt this.

    http://embellished001.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and tweet me a pick if you do it!!! I would love to see!

      Delete
  3. I love this! This actually seems doable haha! :) Can't wait for halloween!

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete