November 11, 2013

If Pinterest Were My Closet: Lunch Date Casual

Photo Source: Pinterest
I absolutely love Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen's style. I think they do such a good job of making fashion look effortless. They always look put together even when they aren't so.... put together. I came across this outfit on Pinterest and it sparked another post of If Pinterest Were My Closet and I thought this would look amazing for a casual lunch date with girlfriends!

It's casual and cool and I LOVE the scarf paired with the leather jacket and a plain white tee. Brilliant!

So here is my version of this outfit with a few twists!
As I mentioned before I ❤ LOVE ❤ the scarf and it's partly because of the color. Orange is perfect for Fall and to be honest I don't see alot of orange worn as a statement piece like that. Am I missing something? I also love how it's worn, thrown around the neck I feel like it makes the scarf stand out more. So I chose a Nordstrom scarf with orange, black, and beige.

In the photo you can't see what shoes she chose so I deceided to go with a flat. Comfortable and never goes out of style. Steve Madden black flats with a studded toe is a must-especially because you won't pay for it later if you decide to go shopping with the girls after lunch! Which happens more times then not.

A faux leather jacket over a plain white tee is super cute. I think it looks really trendy and put together and can be paired with so many different looks.

I also really liked this Steve Madden black bag, because not only is it a practical size and is equip with shoulder straps and crossbody options, but I like that it is textured. Adds a little something extra.

Finally the jeans. A wide leg jean is my favorite part of this look. They are so cute and super comfortable, plus I think they give off a certain. I-don't-care-and-I-just-threw-this-together. In the spirit of effortless Olsen fashion.

I hope you liked this addition of If Pinterest Were My Closet. Have fun at lunch with these options that I found. They are affordable, but really reflects the Olsen look!

What do you think of this for a casual lunch date?

7 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, I love their style. I know they often get put in the "worst dressed" category, but I actually like how they dress. It's so unlike my style, but there is just something about them.

    I love the scarf too, adorable!!

    xo, Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I see so many outfits that I want on pinterest, but I should try recreating them! This is my new mission haha. The orange scarf you selected is beautiful.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So in addition to thinking this is a great casual date look (day or night). I also think you'd like this new tag- Would You Rather: Beauty Edition. It was a lot of fun and I think this would make a great video for you... and I wanna know your answers haha!

      http://fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com/2013/11/would-you-rather-tag.html

      Delete
    2. I love the scarf too- I will definitely have a look at that tag! Thanks for thinking of me!! :)

      Delete
  3. i really like wide leg jeans because they are super comfy :) XOXO
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete