March 2, 2013

February Favorites



I am in shock that another month has flown by. I can't believe it's time for February favorites!  This is a bit of a quick favorites post due to the fact that I am still in shambles from the move to Texas. Whew!

I have to say that I really went back to some basics for this month. There are a couple of new products, but I kept it really low key this month, because of all the packing and shuffling around. I had to tone it down a bit this month and use products that made me feel put together, but were super quick and easy.

1. The Naked Palette

I think that this is a product that is an essential for any makeup lover, from beginner to expert. There are so many looks that can be created, from day to night wear and it packs up really easy! I should know it has been everywhere with me on my travels lately. So many times this month I would create a daytime look and then would have to quickly create and evening look and this makes it easy, just layering some of the darker colors with what I already had on.

2. Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink

This is one of the newer products that I have picked up and I have been waiting to try this for quite some time. I have used these shadows before in other colors and loved them! I have to say the Inked in Pink is amazing because you can swipe it across your lid and go! Not to mention the color is so beautiful and I am not normally one to wear pink shadows, but this one is to pretty to pass up!

3. Essie's Fifth Avenue

It's no big shocker that I am a huge fan of Essie's nail polishes. This month I have been obsessed with Fifth Avenue, it's the perfect intro to Spring. It's a color that you don't really need to think to much about.

4. Maybelline Vivids Lipstick in Pink Pop

Helloooooo gorgeous! That's what I thought when I picked up Pink Pop. This is definitely going to be my favorite lip color this Spring as far as pinks go. It is the perfect pink. It's eye catching but not too over the top! I love using it with a basic, naked eye. This really shows off the color! I highly recommend this one if you are looking for some new Spring colors!!!!

5. Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light

I normally am not one to use a powder, because I have extremely dry skin. Usually I find that these dry my skin out more. However, I heard some really great things about this powder and thought what the heck I'll give it a go! Boy am I glad I did!! It is fantastic! It really helps seal my foundation. I don't have to use very much to get the job done either which I love! Two thumbs up for this product!!

6. Makeup Forever HD Foundation

I have always loved this foundation, but with the discovery of the Revlon ColorStay I had put it on the back burner, but pulled it out again this month when I ran out of my Revlon! I forgot how much I love this foundation. The coverage is excellent and it lasts and lasts. It also is really gentle on my dry over sensitive skin. My shade is #117.

7. Mac Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Whisper of Gilt

This product is so gorgeous and I normally leave it for evening wear, but with Spring just around the corner and my look for the month really being that of a basic nature. I thought it added a little something extra to pull my look together this month. It makes my skin look fresh and dewy, which works great, because of my dry skin. It really adds some life to my face!


So there you have it! Another month of favorites! 




What were your favorite products last month??


20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! Yours is great. I LOVE that MAC skin finish!!

    XO Loni

    www.glamourfixations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the naked palette!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kendra,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Feb favorites.

    I just re-discovered my Makeup Forever HD Foundation and quite love it!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great foundation and a little goes a long way!

      Delete
  5. Love your blog as well. Its funny I have been dying to try the Revlon press powder since Im loving their foundation. Im definitely going to give it a try. :) Great Blog XO ALy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Let me know what you think of it!!

      Delete
  6. We have very similar taste! I love my Naked palette, inked in pink color tattoo, and the maybelline lipstick! great favorites! I'm thinking about trying that MUFE HD foundation and the Nearly Naked powder!

    xo, Mal
    Pastels and Mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUFE HD is a great foundation, it's definitely worth it! As for the Nearly Naked pressed powder, I can't say enough good things!

      Delete
  7. Thanks to all my new followers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off- I love your picture. I don't know what makes it look so much different than a normal picture, but it really does look neat.

    I really want to try out Revlon's Nearly Naked liquid foundation, but was going to skip the powder- I might just think twice about that.

    Great post! I'm subscribing to your blog right now!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I'm following you on Instagram and Pinterest now to- not to seem like a total stalker; I just love your pictures... and I'm addicted to Pinterest.

      Delete
    2. Awww thanks so much Nikki!!!

      As for the pictures I have just found some really great apps that help with that! Let me know if you want the names, I am happy to share!! :)

      Delete
    3. That would be great, Kendra! I feel behind when it comes to those sorts of things so I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed this SO much! Excellent post, and thank you for leaving your link in my blog.

    I wish I had gotten Whisper of Guilt but I wasn't at the US when it was released, and I think it belonged to one of the mac collections and its now discontinued? Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm also dying to try the Color Tattoos! I've heard nothing but great things about them. I'm also a fan of the MUFE Foundation

    I'm going to continue reading your other posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes it was a part of a collection. I don't see it on the website anymore, :(



      Delete
  10. I LOVE this post! Seriously, I really really want some MUFE HD Foundation but I can only get it online in the UK and I have no idea what shade I'd be.. it sounds soo good. Also I am so wanting to try the Colour Tattoo eyeshadows- the colours so pretty x x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!
    your faves look amaaazing, I really need to try a mac SF cause they are so raved about :)

    lausloft.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the MAC one looks gorgeous! I might try one :)
    Great post btw!

    xx
    Grace

    http://icecream8r.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This seems like such a great "favourites" post. All very wearable and pretty. I'm glad you gave the little info about the revlon powder. I have dry skin too and also find powders very drying. Thanks :)

    hhtp://www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete