November 15, 2013

The Nail Files: Camo Nails For Fall


A few posts ago I talked about how much I was loving the whole Fall camo trend that was happening. I have seen this trend come and go over the years and never paid too much attention to it, but something clicked for me this year and I am obsessed!!

There are so many creative ways to turn camo glam- by adding heels to a pair of camo jeggings or a statement necklace to a camo print tee! The possibilibes are endless this year and nails should be no exception!

I was browsing through Pinterest [me browsing through Pinterest- strange right ha ha] and kept stumbling into all this camo, so today's post is dedicated to the camo Fall trend that is sweeping this season. The Nail Files presents...The Camo Fall Nail.

Here's what I used [see photo above]:

Essie Mink Muffs
Essie Stylenomics
Butter London British Racing Green
Essie Licorice
Love & Beauty Taupe

Here how you can achieve this camo nail trend:

1. Paint the little finger, pointer finger, and thumb with 2 coats of Stylenomics. This is such a gorgeous deep marsh green color that is perfect for this season and because of it's depth will really make the statement nails pop.

2. Paint the ring and middle finger with 2 coats of Taupe. This is going to be the base for our camo nails.

3. Using a dotting tool or if you don't have one a bobby pin will work too and Licorice begin placing random bent lines throughout the two nails. Allow to set.

4. Next picking up some Mink Muffs, begin placing the polish in random lines around the Licorice color. The more random the better. Allow to set to avoid any smudging or color run.

5. Using British Racing Green place the final set of random lines around Licorice and Mink Muffs, filling in any empty spaces on the nail. Allow to dry.

6. Finally place a top coat to help seal in your camo manicure and add extra shine. I use Essie Good To Go. It adds a gel like finish to the nails. My favorite!

That's it! Simple and on trend for Fall. As a final added step to keep your camo nails looking fresh add some cuticle oil. I love Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil. So nourishing and smells amazing.


What do you think of camo nails for Fall?



 

11 comments:

  1. Love this design:) And the green for Butter is gorgeous:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes British Racing Green is gorgeous!! ❤❤

      Delete
  2. You did such a good job! No way I could do this, I'm awful at nail art!

    Love this trend so much!!

    xo, Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!! ❤❤ It is so simple-I bet you could do it!! 😉

      Delete
  3. What an awesome job on the camo design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm never good at drawing ANYTHING on my nails haha! I LOVE THE Mink Muff! Looks so pretty! Perfect for the Camo look!

    verosays.com

    xoVero

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look awesome girlie!will have to give this a try:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Please tweet or message me when you do-I would love to see!! :)

      Delete