August 28, 2014

First Impression: Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner

I never thought that I could jump on board to be an electric blue eyeliner kinda gal, but after seeing it on even the most unlikely of people I decided to give this quirky trend a second glance. It seemed harmless and I will now always remember the summer of 2014 ending with a pop of color I thought only Cyndi Lauper circa 1982 could pull off.

I wasn't sure where to start as far as product was concerned and after I had a deep heart to heart with myself, looking into my vanity mirror and saying "you got this". I began my search for a blue eyeliner so perfect that it would make me regret even questioning Cyndi Lauper's judgement- even if it was the 80's. Knowing that it is just a trend I began cringing at spending a ton of money on something that will leave as quick as it came.

So where better a place to start then the drugstore. Low and behold one day while walking the makeup aisles at none other then my neighborhood Walmart I saw it and knew that it would be a great jump off point. Little did I know that I would have to look no further. I'm talking about the Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Electric Blue. I will admit at first I didn't think it would have any pigment or staying power. I had my doubts to say the least.

I really like the packaging, it's slender and small making it easy to travel with or toss into your bag for touch ups. I also really like the fact that the lid color represents the liner color. It really makes this packaging stand out.

I also really like the extra fine point. It makes getting close to the lash line and into the inner corner of the eye a breeze. No sloppy slip-ups!

As you can see from the picture above the pigmentation is AH-mazing!! It's the perfect pop of blue that is required to take part in this trend. The formula itself is on the runnier side, but if you apply it in sections across the lid it applies beautifully. It dries quickly and didn't irritate my eyes whatsoever.

After wearing the liner for the better part of the day I can honestly say I was quite impressed. It did not fold under the Texas heat and it didn't dry up on the eyelid either. And as you can see it packs a punch in the color department. Wearing this blue liner creates a unique trendy look with minimal makeup required. I really am digging this look right now and I will definitely be picking up the emerald green liquid liner as well. I think the green is a great way to introduce a pop of color into the Fall season.


All in all I highly recommend this product. Kudos to you Revlon for giving us all the chance to rock the trendy blue eyes without having to break the piggy banks open.

Have you tried any of these liners? Are you into the blue eyeliner trend?



2 comments: