March 6, 2013

Accessories of the Day!


Hello! Happy middle of the week! I hope you are all having a fantastic week so far! I have been busy, busy, busy. We are right smack in the middle of unpacking after our big move and so things have been really crazy, but I must say the Spring bug has bitten me and I am feeling so inspired today!!

I put together a little post called Accessories of the Day and thought I would share! 

I finally, not that I want to admit this, but I gave myself a pedicure today and it's been over a month! Yikes, I know! Long over due. On my toes I am wearing this gorgeous pink from Orly called Basket Case. I love it because it is the perfect perky pink and a great polish to jump into Spring with!

The sandals are one of my most favorite pair, I picked them up at American Eagle last year and they are just a super comfy sandal that goes with everything; jeans, dresses, shorts, etc. You can dress them up or down without thinking too much about it.

I am wearing my favorite earrings today! These were a find from Forever 21. They are a turquoise based earring with some raised muted gold! LOVE :)

Last, but not least I also gave myself a manicure today! As I said before the Spring bug has bitten me and so that was the inspiration for my nails. I wanted to do something really bright and fun. The base color on my nails is from the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri collection called Lickety-Split Lime.  I love this polish because it's so concentrated most times you can get away with one coat! YAY! Over that color I used a sheer polish from Kat Von D High Voltage collection called Sparklehorse! I love these, because they can be applied over any polish and they act as a varnish that can literally change the color/look of the polish! I highly recommend these! You can pick them up at Sephora!

Of course, if you have been following my blog you know how much I love my Essie Good To Go topcoat, so I wrapped up my manicure with a coat of that. It leaves my nails looking as if I have a gel overlay and drys my polish within seconds! 

I hope you liked this post and it helps get you in the mood for Spring! Let me know if you want to see more of these quick little tidbit type posts!


What polish colors you are pulling out for Spring? What has you inspired?


7 comments:

  1. how did you create your blogger header? :)

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Photoshop to create the header!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combo on your nails! I would have never thought to combine the two colors :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures, Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment! I'm now following you on GFC & BlogLovin.

    -Tiffany...
    MissPrissTiff.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love this idea of just focusing on the accessories and the polish because that's a lot to cover alone.

    I love that pink polish; what a fun color! It's funny you mention you were due for a pedi, I just wrote that on my to-do list!
    I adore your earrings too :)

    I've been wearing a lot of pastels, corals/pinks and other brights to get in the spring mood.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete