February 14, 2014

PINK & BLACK VALENTINE'S DAY NAILS

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! In the spirit of the day I thought it only appropriate to share my Valentine's Day nails with you. I opted for something a bit different this year. Normally you'll find a red polish on my nails, but this year I wanted to step outside the heart shaped box and pull out the pink polish.

I went with two pinks. The first is Muchi Muchi by essie. Such a beautiful baby pink polish. The other is Neon & On & On by China Glaze. I wanted a pink with a punch and this is THE polish. It's bright and bold and perfect not only for today, but for the months ahead!

This Valentine's Day nail look is super cute and super easy. Here's how you can achieve this look:

1. Paint all nails except the ring finger with a white base polish. All of the bright China Glaze nail polish really pop when they sit on a white base. I used Sally Hansen's White On. Allow to dry completely before moving on.

2. Once white polish is dry paint two coats of Neon & On & On over top. Allow to dry.

3. Now paint the ring finger with two coats of Muchi Muchi and allow to dry.

4. When all nails are dry paint Neon & On & On onto a wedge makeup sponge. You will want to measure the distance across your ring finger and then cut the sponge accordingly.

5. Dab sponge onto tip of ring finger nail working from tip towards the cuticle stopping about 1/4 of the way. Allow to dry.

6. Now using a dotting tool and some black nail polish. I used essie's licorice. Create a heart shape on the ring finger. Allow heart to dry completely before applying top coat or it will smudge.

7. Finally apply a top coat to the nails to lock in manicure and give a radiant shine. I love my essie good to go top coat. It makes my nails look like a gel manicure!

That's it! Like I said really easy, but will look like you had the pros do it!

Tweet me a pic of your Valentine's Day manicure- @beautybykendrac

Here's What I Used:

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the little black heart.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I do too! Something a little different! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your Blog
    Would you like us to follow each other ?
    if yes, just follow me and let me know so i can follow you back

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete