March 3, 2014

2014 Oscars Recap: Fashion Favorites, Jared Leto & Most Memorable Moment

Source: Pinterest


Last night's Oscars proved to be the best I have seen in years! First and foremost when I heard that Ellen DeGeneres was hosting I knew that I was in. I absolutely love her. I love her humor and the way she makes everyone feel like a human being. She's so honest and humble! Can't rave enough about her. I was also really excited about the nominees- some movies I have seen and others I have not, but I can definitely say I want to watch all of them now! Every major movie this year looked amazing!

The fun doesn't stop there. It is always an absolute must to see what the who's who are wearing and if there will be any major moments- good or bad, that shake down at this prestigious live event. So I will be sharing my favorite fashion and moments of the 2014 Oscars....

First the fashion. Here are my top 5 favorites...

5. Amy Adams
Source: Bollywoodlife.com
After seeing Amy Adams in American Hustle I am now a huge fan. This girl's got skills- mad skills. I was really routing for her to take a win. Even though she didn't take home on Oscar she definitely scored points in my book for the breathtaking navy blue Gucci number she wore. This dress was such a perfect pick for her. Not only was the color perfect for her skin tone, but she looked like a Hollywood starlet and those earrings where the perfect statement piece. Well done Ms. Adams- well done!

4. Kerry Washington
Source: Vogue.com
Walking the red carpet pregnant and looking this stunning earns Kerry Washington the #4 spot on my list. She really made the right call with this one. From the hair, to the makeup, to the dress- it all just worked. She looked so fresh and glowing. This Jason Wu dress is the most amazing color and I love that she went strapless. It really looked effortless and comfortable.

3. Sandra Bullock
Source: Popsugar.com
This woman just can't get it wrong- so #3 on my list it is! Sandra Bullock looked statuesque in this navy blue Alexander McQueen number. Everything is perfection- the hair looks amazing and very old Hollywood plust thhe Lorraine Schwartz jewels were just the right touch. Delicious!

2. Lupita Nyong'o
Source: Huffingtonpost.com
Lupita Nyong'o was absolutely beautiful in this Prada gown. She was such a standout for me and when I saw her for the first time I had to pick my jaw off the floor. Not many could work a dress like this, but she made it look like she does it everyday. I am so in love with the color, cut and her earrings were out of this world!

1. Kate Hudson
Source: Checksandspot.com
My #1 spot goes to Kate Hudson hands down. She is a long time fashion favorite of mine and always makes an elegant statement on the red carpet.  This Atelier Versace dress was the perfect choice from color to concept. She looked like an angel. Her hair and jewels weren't overdone so the dress could speak volumes. This is one of my favorite red carpet looks from her over the years.

Now time to talk about the memories that were made at the 2014 Oscars....

1. The Jared Leto Speech
Source: abcnews.go.com
Not only is this man stupid gorgeous, but he has the humility to back it up. I was really touched by his speech last night. You could see how humble he really was and the world could use more of that.

2. The Selfie That Shut Down Twitter
Source: venturebeat.com
The selfie that rocked the world....and broke Twitter. When Ellen started grabbing random celebrities for a selfie I knew this was going to be the most talk about Oscar 2014 moment. I thought it was fun and really showed the goofy side of the A-list actors. Brilliant!

All in all this was a huge success. My final thoughts? 
1. Ellen should host again next year.
2. Hopefully JLaw will stay vertical all night.
3. I vote more selfies.

What was your favorite Oscar moment and fashion fixation?

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I totally agree with everything you said, Kendra! The gowns were just beautiful!

    Xo
    Sydney

    http://www.sydneyfactorfashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sydney!! It was a great year for the Oscars! :)

      Delete
  2. Great picks!
    I'm OBSESSED with Jared from 30STM,
    Lupita was a winner for me, she looked SO stunning - that dress against her skin tone is gorgeous.

    Oh, I have a giveaway at the moment! Would love you to enter. Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete